With my colleague Stèphane, we prepared a new version of the RELOAD dissector that now covers not only the full specification (draft-ietf-p2psip-base) but also the current standard extensions of RELOAD. The goal for this new version was not only to cover 100% of the specification, but also to do it in a way that help primarily the developers, because even if I dislike the idea that people develop protocol implementations by using packet dissection, the reality is that people are doing it, so we may as well be sure that the information displayed by the dissector are correct. So we tried as much as possible to dissect the protocol in a way that present the information on the screen as close as possible to the way it is described in the specification.
As for the RELOAD extensions, the following data structures are decoded by the new code:
- SipRegistration in the "SIP Usage for RELOAD" (draft-ietf-p2psip-sip) specification.
- RedirServiceProvider in the "Service Discovery Usage for RELOAD" (draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery) specification.
- SelfTuningData in the "Self-tuning DHT for RELOAD" (draft-ietf-p2psip-self-tuning) specification.
- DiagnosticsRequest, DiagnosticsResponse, PathTrackReq and PathTrackAns in the "P2PSIP Overlay Diagnostics" (draft-ietf-p2psip-diagnostics) specification.
- ExtensiveRoutingModeOption in the "An extension to RELOAD to support Direct Response Routing" (draft-zong-p2psip-drr) specification.
We even prepared the work to decode RELOAD messages inside HIP, as described in the "HIP BONE Instance Specification for RELOAD" (draft-ietf-hip-reload-instance) specification.
The new code is not yet committed in the Wireshark tree, but it is available in the bug database (please vote for it if you can).
On request I can provide a compiled Debian/Ubuntu package for the i386 or amd64 architectures.
10/06/2011: The main patch is now commited in the Wireshark trunk. The fix for a bug in defragmentation still need to be manually applied.
10/08/2011: All the patches are now committed in the Wireshark trunk. Enjoy!